HC Home - HC (A-Z) - Court Agenda - County Directory - Employees - County Holidays
Harris County
    Precinct Three
Commissioner Steve Radack
Community Service Through Teamwork
 Home | Parks & Playgrounds | Hike & Bike Trails | Kid Fit Parks | Dog Parks | Community Centers | Seniors | Service Request | Contact Us
 
Search Harris County
* Adobe Reader is required
Skip Navigation LinksSpring Branch : History
The building that houses the Spring Branch Community Center and Courthouse Annex was built in the late 1960s by Alma Corporation as an office building. Alma sold the building to the Sam Houston Memorial Hospital in 1971. The hospital sold it in 1976 to Houghton and Neville West and they sold it in 1986 to Harris County. The county turned the three-story building into a courthouse annex and the late Bob Eckels, Precinct 3 Commissioner at the time, established the Spring Branch Community Center in the north half of the ground floor.

Commissioner Steve Radack, in the early 90s began renovating the building. The Courthouse Annex/Community Center Building, at 1721 Pech Road, and the surrounding neighborhood were moved into Precinct 4 in the redistricting that followed the Census of 1990. Improvements continued and by the time the building was moved back into Precinct 3 following the Census of 2000, the community center occupied all of the third floor plus parts of the first and second floor.
 
 
   Printer-Friendly Page

For suggestions or comments regarding this site please email us at webcomments@hctx.net. For employee access to Outlook click here.

The information contained in this site was valid at the time of posting. Harris County assumes no liability for damages incurred directly or indirectly as a result of errors, omissions or discrepancies. Moreover, Harris County is not responsible for the content nor endorses any site which has a link from this page. For additional information please review our Privacy Policy and our Accessibility Statement.